Call Us : 0203 295 5000


Electrical Certificate and Testing for £ 45 

Maintaining all electrical appliances and wiring


Landlords must arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flue which they own and have provided for their tenants\\\' use. Landlords must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Landlords must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.


A PAT test or Portable Appliance Test, again, is not a legal requirement. However, if your tenant gets electrocuted by a kettle with a frayed cord that you have provided, you are likely to be held liable. Our advice is to make sure you provide as few electrical appliances in the property as possible. So, while you may have to provide a fridge, do you really need to provide a microwave, vacuum cleaner and kettle? Probably not. So remove them, put them on eBay and get a PAT test for anything with a plug that remains in the house.